Membership & Access
Recent Graduate Membership - NEW
Assisted Access involves working on a one-to-one basis with an experienced printmaker. It can be arranged for individuals as well as for small groups of up to five participants.
Ideal for those who have completed one or more Beginner level courses at the Studio / those wishing to refresh their skills / those finishing a specific body of work. You can apply for this access year round.
Assisted Access can be schedule to suit:
- Group Assisted Access (3-5 participants)
€70 each per day; Mon-Sun 10am–5pm
- Joint Assisted Access (2 participants)
€100 each per day; Mon-Sun 10am–5pm
- Solo Assisted Access (1 participant)
€200 per day; Mon-Sun 10am–5pm
Deadline Extended: 5pm, Wed. 22 March 2017
Full-time Member Artists are keyholders, and have 24-hour access to the Studio facilities. New membership applications are accessed twice a year in March and September. The selection panel comprises of one Board Member, David McGinn (Technical Manager) and Naomi Sex (Independent Assessor).
- Unlimited studio access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year as a keyholder
- Storage: planchest drawer & press
- Studio shop (discounted art materials)
- Opportunity to submit to BCPS exhibitions and projects
- Discounts on BCPS classes, workshops, digital printing
- Inclusion on Studio website
- Information about exhibitions, opportunities and activities
- Opportunity to be part of a community of printmakers
Full members will be asked to contribute 2 prints per year to the BCPS; one for the Archive collection and one for Fundraising.
To be considered for full-time studio membership applicants must present the following:
- Completed Application Form (download application form on right)
- A strong, cohesive portfolio of original artwork (min 8). Technical profeciency in at least one print medium. Digital submissions are preferable, but should be limited in size, 2MB per image and a max of 12 images, showing development of concepts and ideas as well as technical proficiency in the chosen print medium.
- Recent CV
- Artist's Statement
Annual Fee: €520
Overseas / Country Membership also available - please contact the General Manager for further details.
Recent Graduate Membership - *NEW
Five additional Membership places have been made available for recent graduates. If you have graduated from a Fine Art degree within the last 2 years, you are eligible for this new discounted category of Membership. Discounted Rate: €300 per annum. A new graduate member has all the rights and privileges of regular Full Membership. Valid for 12 months only. There is an option to join as full Member at the end of the 12 months. Standard portfolio application procedure applies. Applications for Membership are accepted twice annually, in March and September.
Full details are included above under Full Membership.
Annual Fee: €300
Portfolio preparation sessions are now available!
A member of our Teaching Panel can review your current work, offer feedback and give expert advice on areas for development, as well clarity on what the selection panel will look for in your application. Rates start at €50 for one session (1.5 hours).
Temporary Access involves one off use of the Studio facilites. You can apply for this access year round.
- A portfolio of print work displaying a high degree of technical proficiency demonstrating an ability to work independently and according to the guidelines for professional studio practice.
- An outline of the project/work to be completed specifying number of days required and chosen area of print.
- Recent CV
Portfolios are viewed on an ongoing basis, on the last week of each month. Selection panel consists of the Print-Coordinator and Technical Manager, and decisions are made on a project-by-project basis.
Please note: Temporary Access applicants must have attended at least one class or a minimum of one day assisted access at the Studio, however this does not guarantee selection for either programme.
Daily Rate: €50; Mon–Thurs 10am–5pm
Extended Access consists of 15 pre-booked days over a 12-month period, Mon–Thurs, 10am–5pm. Places will be allocated according to the availability of space in each print area. You can apply for this access year round.
To apply for the Extended Access programme applicants should have reached a particular level of competence and ability in printmaking.
Applicants need to submit:
- A portfolio of print work displaying a high degree of technical proficiency demonstrating an ability to work independently and according to guidelines for professional studio practice.
- Recent CV.
Please note: while this does not guarantee selection, ideally applicants must have attended at least one class or a minimum of one day Assisted Access at the Studio.
Annual Fee: €300