Tyna Ontko (US) announced as
I am ecstatic to have been awarded this opportunity and am very much looking forward to working with Black Church Print Studio in the near future!
- Tyna Ontko
Black Church Print Studio is pleased to welcome Tyna Ontko (US) as the sixth participant in the International Artist-in-Residence Programme. Ontko works in the medium of stone lithography, pushing beyond the 2D-image through collage, repetition and assemblage. Her resulting sculptural configurations favour ambiguity and formlessness, centering on organic imagery such as flora and fauna, and seeking to understand systems of order and chaos. Ontko is a BFA graduate of Western Washington University and has exhibited extensively throughout the U.S.
Each year, Black Church Print Studio invites international artists actively engaged or informed by contemporary printmaking practice to apply for a four-week residency at Black Church Print Studio to take place in July of that year.
ABOUT THE RESIDENCY PROGRAMME
The International Residency Programme is an initiative of Black Church Print Studio, established to facilitate contemporary artistic practice in the Studio and to further the professional development of artists by enabling the creation and production of new work, fostering an exchange of ideas and influences, encouraging the sharing of expertise and inspiring new works of art and creative collaborations.
- Emerging, mid-career and established professional artists are invited to apply.
- Selected participants in this programme receive accommodation, basic materials, studio equipment and facilities, as well as administrative support.
- The artist has access to etching, lithography, screenprinting and relief presses, and to multi-media and digital equipment.
- Travel and material costs are the responsibility of the participating artist.
- This year's Residency is scheduled for a single four-week term in July 2013.
- The successful resident will be asked to complete two editions of works completed during his/her residency and donate two prints from each edition to the Studio, one for the Archive Collection and one for fundraising.
- The Resident artist will be required to give a demonstration and seminar during his/her residency.
2012 Winner: Miina Laine www.taidegraafikot.fi
'Excellent print studio, beautiful people! This residency meant so much to me, I would be very happy to work with Black Church Print Studio again!'
2011 Winner: Antonia Aitken www.antoniaaitken.com
2010 Winner: John Pusateri www.johnpusateri.com
'This is a fantastic residency opportunity! Black Church Print Studio has great facilities and is full of fantastic members and helpful staff. I have very fond memories of my time in Dublin and I would love to go there again. I look forward to seeing the work of the next resident' 'Excellent print studio, beautiful people! This residency meant so much to me, I would be very happy to work with Black Church Print Studio again!'
2009 Winner: Benjamin Moreau www.benmoreau.com
'This is a fantastic residency. I loved my time at the black church print studio, and dublin is a great city to be in. Hazel, David, and Catriona and the members of the studio are all amazing people and very helpful. I think about going back often, and would jump at the chance to return and be involved with studio'.
2008 Winner: Jessica Harrison www.jessicaharrison.co.uk
Jessica Harrison: 'As the first artist to undertake the lithography residency at Black Church in 2008 I can recommend it as an excellent print studio. The facilities in the workshop are of a very high standard and those running the space are incredibly welcoming and helpful. The workshop is right in the middle of the busy temple bar area of dublin so working there was a great opportunity to be immersed in Dublin life. I would recommend anyone keen to focus on their practice to apply for a residency here, you will get a lot done and it is a great place to work!'