• Harry F Rochat, Double Geared Etching Press, Bed Size 65x32 ins.
• Harry F Rochat, Double Geared Etching Press, Bed Size 48x26 ins.
• Hunter Penrose Etching Press, Bed Size 48x28 ins.
• Hunter Penrose Etching Press, Bed Size 48x24 ins.
• Hunter Penrose Etching Press, Bed Size 33x18 ins.
• 3 Hotplates, max. size 40 x 32 ins.
• 40 ins. Guillotine
• Aquatint Box max. plate size 40x32 ins.
• Plate Preparation Area
• Acid Room with 2 canopies, largest tray size 51 x 32 ins.
• Facility for burning aquatint and smoking plates
• Takach Lithography Press, Bed Size 57 x 33 ins.
• 40 Stones, Various Sizes, Largest 32 x 24 ins.
• Hydraulic Stone Lift
• Selection of Rollers
• 1871 Hopkinson & Cope Relief Press, Bed Size 29 x 23 ins.
• Vacuum Press max. size 46 x 32 ins
• Actiton Exposure Unit
• Kippax Exposure Unit 65 x 58 ins
• Washout Room, max. Screen Size 60 x 32 ins
• Squeegees, various sizes
Digital Imaging Facilities
• Apple iMac 21.5'
• Apple MacBook Pro
• Epson Stylus Pro 9880 Large format colour printer
• Epson Acculaser Printer/Scanner/Photocopier
• OKI A3/A4 Printer Scanner
• Wacom Intuos A4 Tablet
• Software: Final Cut Pro, Adobe CS4 Suite,(Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign,etc) Microsoft Office, Appleworks, Mac OS X
(Wireless Networking available throughout studio)
• Durst, Black & White enlarger
• Multisystem Colour Enlarging
• Repro Camera
• Range of Trays and Squeegees
All areas are equipped with sinks, drying racks and worktables.
Black Church Print Studio recognises the rights of people with disabilities and accommodates their needs where possible without prejudice or unfavourable treatment.
While the Studio is not wheelchair accessible due to structural constraints, we make every effort to ensure that public presentations of work take place in locations that offer full access. We are keen to find alternative solutions to workspace access issues. We have invested in portable equipment and offer an outreach programme in schools and other institutions.
Black Church Print Studio recognises and values the provision of information on our website in a format which is accessible to all, regardless of ability or disability. The site has been designed in a manner which avoids clutter through, for example, the use of plenty of white space, and provides a consistent navigation methodology throughout. The use of colour, and links back to main sections allows for easier navigation. The site has been designed to reach AA (WCAG WAI Level 2) accessibility levels. The site is developed using valid XHTML and cascading style sheets (CSS), which are screen reader friendly and make the site accessible to more of our site users. Our site content is separated from presentational elements, which makes it available to any visitors that use technologies such as a screen reader or text only browser. Accessible web sites prioritise clear content, structure and ease of navigation over visual aspects of design, however they also need not be visually unattractive, nor are they prevented from using the latest web technologies, provided that all information is still accessible to users.